Monday, November 3, 2014

Bar Room Project.


Diy bar room project in a spare room at home.Overall this was a fun project.The sliding window cover was about the hardest thing to figure out.The design and building the hardware by hand was tedious and took patience.Although I saved alot of money by building my own hardware.I hope everyone enjoys this project of mine.I will update this project once it's complete.Still need bar stools,a tv,a small fridge and a few other things before it's finished.

Room before I got started on the bar project.
Main frame is built.
Top and rear supports added and frame is mounted to the floor and the wall.
Rear shelf supports.
Front trim and base board installed.
I added side and top supports to add a top to the bar.
3/4 Oak veneer and trim installed on the bar top.
Stained with dark walnut and cleared with spar urethane.
After 3 coats of spar urethane.
Top mounted above the bar to hold the bar lights and a wine glass holder.
Base coat on the walls.
Two more coats on the walls using light strokes for a grain pattern.
Wood grain added to the walls using a wood graining tool and semi gloss black tinted glaze.
Wall closeup.
I built bar lights using 1 gallon galvanized buckets.
Light socket inside bar lights.I will be using led bulbs.
I decided to build a sliding cover for the window in the bar room.
I made my own brackets to install the sliding window cover.I used flat steel stock and old garage door cable pulleys.
Window cover is stained and brackets installed.
Sliding window cover installed.I also used flat bar steel mounted on the wall for the window cover track.You can see video of the window cover working here.
http://youtu.be/_Ri4VnGsoas?list=UU5M3Xup8TYbOQ5-o70ySyqw
Almost complete.
A few mirrors hung up.
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment